Monthly reviews are a really good idea. I didn’t think I’d achieved much in April, what with moving house, having my birthday, and being quite ill for a few days, but looking back at it there’s actually quite a list of makes!
This weekend I started a chevron blanket that will be a surprise flat-warming gift for a friend. I’ve seen the flat (it’s fabulous!) and the colours I’ve chosen will fit right in.
I created a phone cosy with the kit I got for my birthday, which also got me a commission from my cousin to make her a kindle cosy…
This isn’t technically a made thing, but I’m including it because it took me nearly 10 days: turning a lovely skein into a massive bundle of knots and untangling it into a not-very-ball-shaped ball.
I made my first C2C piece; this loooovely scarf
I finished my first ever star blanket with my first ever Caron Cake
I started Mr Fox; another kit I got for my birthday
I made a few Sand Swirl cards
I also made a birthday card for my cousin, but didn’t get a photo of it. I was really quite proud of it as well. Sigh.
So that was my April!
I’ve decided to set some goals for May, instead of just meandering from one half-finished project to the next as the fancy takes me:
- Finish pic-notting the baby blanket and get it sent to my sister
- Finish the kindle cosy and get it sent to my cousin
- Finish the lacy scarf and list it in the shop
- Finish the chevron blanket and gift it to my friend
- Get all my zentangle cards listed in the shop
- Make at least one knitted item
- Have at least 10 items listed in the shop
I’m determined that this will be the month of finishing things instead of getting distracted by the latest shiny new project. Wish me luck!