Lessons were learned

You may remember I did a little experiment last week with some sun catcher paints. Well the results are in with some mixed results.

Firstly, greaseproof paper is a no-go, as the liquid made it crinkle so I ended up with some thick bits of paint and some wafer-thin bits. The thin bits cracked as I tried to peel them off the paper.

IMG-20200711-WA0002.jpg

Also, I didn’t realise the pen I used would transfer to the paint. Pencil only from now on.

The clingfilm fared much better, and this is the method I’ll use next time (yes, there will be a next time) because it didn’t warp so the thickness was universal and the circle peeled off easily.

IMG-20200711-WA0001.jpg

My only issue with this one is that the paint layer is so thin it’s barely visible when hanging in the window.  Next time I’m going to try using some kind of boundary, maybe a cookie cutter, so I can build the paint up thicker without it spreading out everywhere.

Conclusion: my experiment sort of worked, and it definitely helped me refine the process so next time it should work better. I’m happy with that!

Hannah

xXx

6 thoughts on “Lessons were learned”

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s