I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, and you’re enjoying this weird period of time when nobody knows what day it is.
The advent socks were going entirely to plan, until day 23. On the first try the patterns were not quite matching up; I thought I must have messed up the count on the first row so I tinked back and tried again. Same result so back I went. The third try still didn’t quite feel right, but I kept going (as you do) until the final round. At this point I decided to count the stitches and found that I was missing one.
Both socks then went into the naughty corner for a few days and I got on with Christmas.
Last night I looked back and realised that the missing stitch had been dropped on the previous stripe, and I hadn’t noticed because it was such a simple pattern that still looked like it lined up properly. Gutted. For fear of that one loose stitch laddering down and undoing the whole sock, I stuck some needles into the last correct stripe, ripped out the two wrong stripes, and started them again.
The diagonal stripe pattern went as easily as last time (with the correct stitch count all the way through) and I’m now working my way through this final stripe hopefully for the final time.
If I don’t mess up anything else these might be finished in time for Hogmanay!
3 thoughts on “Advent socks – not finished”
Crikey, Hannah – how advanced a knitter you now are !! – impressive, m’dear. 🙂
That is so frustrating, especially when you have knitted a long way before relising. Well done for putting it right. They are going to be lovely.
It is so irritating when that happens!! Can’t wait to see them finished – they are lovely so far!