Oh this heel is going to finish me off, I swear.
It’s hardly changed since last week, thanks to the saga.
First, while trying to admire my handiwork with the heel flap I noticed that a few rows back there were some purl stitches right in the middle. Apparently counting to two was just too much for me and I’d turned the work after only finishing one needle.
Second, in the process of tinking back to fix that problem I realised there was one needle of 18 stitches and one of only 17. I went back a few more rows and the count wasn’t fixing itself, so I stuck in a lifeline and frogged the whole heel flap.
Yes, there were only 17 stitches all the way down. No, I don’t know how it happened or how I didn’t notice for an entire heel flap.
Thankfully it then went smooth as silk.
But third, the heel turn. I’m now on my fourth attempt. I can’t even remember all the ways I’ve messed it up, but believe me when I say I am never ever EVER using this heel pattern again.
Please keep your fingers crossed/send prayers/good vibes/whatever you do my way that this time I can get the stupid thing right!