You may remember from aaaages ago that I finished my Whimsy Cowl and it was in need of blocking.
Lookit those wibbly wobbly edges, just dying to curl up into a yarny burrito.
Well I dithered for a long time, having never blocked 100% alpaca before and knowing how fragile it can be. I was also worried about blocking it doubled up, in case I couldn’t pin the two layers properly or the bottom layer didn’t get chance to dry and I ended up spoiling it.
But then I had a thought: my blocking mats lock together like jigsaw pieces, so I could make a 3D shape with them and they should hold it.
Turns out I was right!
I pinned out my cowl and sprayed it with water til it was properly wet, then left it for a few days to dry out.
And this is the final result:
I love how the spaces have opened up, and how neat the edges are now. It’s just magic.
I’m almost looking forward to winter so I can wear it! Almost…