I’m still a bit dim

But at least not imagining things.

It turns out if you keep scrolling through Diagon Ally, past the charts, there are in fact written instructions for each foot. Sigh.

See what I mean about lacking brain power right now?

So the socks have come out of the naughty corner, and as of this morning I can just about see the beginning of the foot pattern emerging.

Hopefully I have enough wits left to follow the written part and I won’t have to frog the whole sock. Do please keep your fingers crossed for me!

Hannah

xXx

Sock it to me Monday 28

I am very dim sometimes.

I read all the way through the Diagon Ally pattern before making a start, and I would have bet my redundancy money that it had written instructions for the whole of each sock. I definitely saw them. And yet, at this point of the sock knittage:

20201005_162206.jpg

The next instruction is simply “work row 1 of the pattern chart”.

Rats.

Yes, I did say I might try something new and use the chart, but that was when things were going somewhat better for me and I had a bit of brain-power spare for such things.

So that sock immediately went into the naughty corner, and I started a wee pair of shortie socks I’ve been planning for a while to use up some partial and mini skeins. There’s not much to see yet, but here they are.

20201005_162137.jpg

The plan is for these to be sister socks rather than twins, to make sure I can use up as many scraps as possible. Personally, I think they’ll look quite good! But feel free to reserve judgement until they’re finished.

Hannah

xXx

Finally finishing

Current WIP count: 5

So far this week has been more about finishing off old projects than working on new ones.

While sorting through my FO box, as well as moths (UGH!!) I also discovered that I’m even worse at sewing in ends than I thought.  About 95% of them were technically UFOs because there were ends hanging out eeeeeverywhere.

I am determined to actually get them to a charity rather than sitting around the flat, so the last few days have been a bit of an end-a-thon to get everything done and dusted.

This is the pile of true FOs now:

20200304_152225.jpg

And this is what I have left to sew in:

20200304_152423.jpg

 

You probably won’t remember, as I mentioned it so briefly and ages ago, that I snapped the cast off of my Flax Light the first time I wore it (curse these hips). What I didn’t say at the time was that I couldn’t face fixing the hundreds of teeny tiny stitches, so it went in the naughty corner and there it stayed until this week.

I managed to catch the stitches where the yarn broke and went round undoing the cast off, then I attached some more yarn and had a go at Jenny’s Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off.  It’s a bit tedious, what with having to lift over two loops individually for every single stitch, but boy does it stretch!

20200304_160702.jpg

The edge looks shonky because the needle I used for cast off was too big. I keep telling myself I can deal with it because the jumper actually fits me, but I have a sneaking suspicion that this will end up being undone and cast off for a third time at some point. We shall see.

I did also start another hat at choir this week, until I remembered I was going to use that yarn for a Flax so I frogged it all. Hopefully by next week I’ll have some progress to show on that, but for now it’s back to those ends!

Hannah

xXx