Leftovers

In my rush to get the Lego blanket finished on time I left out the ring of bricks around the edge that I had planned.

ftsf-9fce4c54-172c-4630-a7c2-42d07a665193-1-1.jpg

But that decision was made after I’d finished making all the bricks, plus a few extras because apparently I can’t count, so I had 48 Lego bricks all stacked up on the sofa with nowhere to go. What to do with them?

20190313_070447-1.jpg
The stacks were actually slightly smaller than this

There was always frogging, but I couldn’t bear the thought of 1. undoing all my work and 2. adding 48 little scrap balls back into my stash. I had to use them for something. So of course I made a baby Lego blanket!

It was a bit on the small side with just a sc border so I went for an extension of the bobble stitches again, which had the added bonus of using up some of the extra Rose Red I ordered after my yarn mix-up.

20190923_073008-1.jpg

Now it’s just the right size, and I have to decide what to do with it. It’s far too pretty to go to the cat charity (and I don’t know if they’d accept the bobbles), but I can’t think of any friends having a baby any time soon. Any suggestions?

Hannah

xXx

Advertisement

WIP Wednesday 28.08.19

Current WIP count: 8

Remember earlier this year when I only had 2 WIPs on the go? That was a good time.

There was a slight snag with the Lego blanket when I realised I somehow had one skein of Rose Red and two of Tomato Red for it.

Reds

Of course I had already made bricks with the Rose and sewn them into the blanket so it wasn’t as easy as simply switching to Tomato. I very briefly considered using them both and mixing up the placement, but the perfectionist in me just can’t do it so brick-making is on pause until more yarn arrives!

This does mean there has been quite a bit of progress with the sewing together part.

One day I’ll take this thing outside and get a proper photo

I wanted to get a rough idea of size so I completed the top and left sides first, and now I’m filling in as and where I feel like it. This one will have a ring of bricks around the edge before the border, which I didn’t have time for with my Dad’s version, so it should end up a generous sized lap blanket.

Feels like I’m making good progress with this (despite the yarn setback) and I’m really enjoying it!

Hannah

xXx