WIP Wednesday 28.08.19

Current WIP count: 8

Remember earlier this year when I only had 2 WIPs on the go? That was a good time.

There was a slight snag with the Lego blanket when I realised I somehow had one skein of Rose Red and two of Tomato Red for it.

Reds

Of course I had already made bricks with the Rose and sewn them into the blanket so it wasn’t as easy as simply switching to Tomato. I very briefly considered using them both and mixing up the placement, but the perfectionist in me just can’t do it so brick-making is on pause until more yarn arrives!

This does mean there has been quite a bit of progress with the sewing together part.

One day I’ll take this thing outside and get a proper photo

I wanted to get a rough idea of size so I completed the top and left sides first, and now I’m filling in as and where I feel like it. This one will have a ring of bricks around the edge before the border, which I didn’t have time for with my Dad’s version, so it should end up a generous sized lap blanket.

Feels like I’m making good progress with this (despite the yarn setback) and I’m really enjoying it!

Hannah

xXx