Oh oh oh I’ve been nominated for an award! Thank you sooo much Tami of Tanglewood Knots!
The Versatile Blogger Award is an award given by bloggers to other up-and-coming bloggers. It is designed to encourage new bloggers to keep up the good work and help people to discover new blogs.
- Thank the person who nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- List the rules and display the Versatile Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers of your choice and let them know.
So here we go!
Seven Facts About Me
- My ‘real’ job is being an Administration Assistant for a rail company (although I might get a title change in the next 2 weeks)
- My Aunty taught me my very first crochet stitch, but the rest I taught myself using Youtube.
- I sing with a community choir every week, and I LOVE it!
- I have a Masters degree in Creative Writing
- I’ve been dancing salsa for six and a half years
- I really want a (very small) tattoo, but I’m too much of a wuss
- As well as salsa, crochet, zentangle, card making, singing, baking, writing, and all my other hobbies, I also enjoy face painting
15 Blogs I Nominate as Versatile Bloggers
Oooh this is tricky. There are so many fantastic blogs out there, and really I’m only just starting to discover them!
- Craft and other crazy plans aside from having a gorgeous cover photo that I just want to squish, does crochet and card making, just like me!
- It’s all in a nutshell has lovely crochet patterns and CALs. It’s my hope that at some point this year I’ll get to try out the Mandala Madness CAL, because it’s GORGEOUS.
- Homemade Geekery is new to crochet, but producing some serious quality items. My favourite so far is the shark hat.
- Isn’t She Crafty makes beautiful greetings cards. I’m enjoying her current stash-busting drive.
- Handdrawn Yarn loves dyeing (hehehe) and produces some really stunning yarn colourways, and also makes adorable tiny yarn-ball earrings that I wanted as soon as I saw them.
- Blinking Cat was one of the first crafty blogs I found. I love the Moogly CAL that’s running at the moment.
- Lotje’s Little Gifts shares my wonder at the magic of crochet, and has some super cute patterns.
- Paperpuff is another card-making blog I love, and has just recently posted about a knitted FO that makes me want to learn to knit.
- Puddleside Musings has some really helpful crafting and storage tips, and still sends hand-written letters to penpals. I used to write letters all the time, I really must get back to it…
- I love Crochet 539 because she makes adorable little crochet earrings, but also because she crochets for charity e.g. blankets for sick children and super things like that.
- Just today I discovered Five Monkeys Menagerie, with super cute amis and more charity knitting/crocheting making goodies to donate to hospitals for premature babies.
- HStone Yarn Craft just shared some awesome Minecraft crochet squares. I’m definitely keeping my eye on those!
- Diane’s Crochet just tried an ami for the first time, and it’s much better than mine turn out with two year’s practice 😉
- Twinklehook tells it like it is, which I love, and produces some gorgeous crocheted goodies.
- And finally, another of the first crafty blogs I found, Two Hearts Crochet. She has Firefly squares and Star Trek amis. Need I say more?
Gosh that was actually quite hard work. I’m sorry if I’ve missed anyone out – I love each and every blog that I like, comment on, and follow, and I super love this crafting community that I’ve stumbled across!
Thanks again for the nomination, Tami 🙂