The shortie socks did not work out. After the first sock didn’t fit very well I made adjustments when making the second, but it still didn’t fit so I frogged them both. I still can’t believe my gauge is so different just because I used a circular rather than DPNs.
The socks will still happen though! I can use the DPNs that are free now because I finally finished the Christmas socks, despite their best efforts to be frogged.
Yes, it bothers me that the toes aren’t identical, but after at least 10 mistakes/frogs/restarts there’s no way I’m undoing one just to add a few rows of red. As far as I’m concerned they’re pretty darn good for my first ever striped socks. Plus they’re nice and warm, which is perfect for the Scottish
Man I love making socks!