Thanks to Oh Yes They Did for nominating me for the Liebster award!
Here’s how it works:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer
First up – the questions given to me
1.What prompted you to start blogging?
I first started blogging way back in high school, just as an online diary. Nobody read it!
I also have a Body Positive blog that I started to help me work through what I was learning.
And finally this blog was created because I wanted to share the process of setting up/opening/running my Etsy shop, and the things that I make.
2. What is the best advice you would give to new bloggers?
Don’t do it for the stats; do it for the community.
Sure it feels nice when you log in and see you’ve had 100 views, but the very next day you can be right back to 0 again. The community and friendships you make will last much longer, and ultimately be more worthwhile.
3. What is your favourite season and why?
In England my favourite is Spring – it’s sunny (mostly) but not too hot, and everything is growing and looking beautiful.
In Scotland it’s Summer, because there’s nothing like three months of solid rain to help you appreciate those two days of glorious, scorching sunshine.
4. Who has had the biggest influence in your life?
Hmm that’s a tough one. Considering how like her I am, I’d have to say my Mum. We’re both introverts, both readers, admin-minded, kinda stubborn, creatives. We believe in doing a job properly and accurately, we cry so easily, and we’re pretty darn good at baking!
But I also have to mention The Militant Baker. This blog led me to take my very first steps into Body Positivity, which has grown into positive changes in every aspect of my life.
5. Do you have any pets?
Not yet, but I’ve finally moved into a flat where pets are allowed so soon I will have a cat! At last!
6. What new skill would you like to learn in the future?
Oh there’s a list. Tatting, felting, whittling, sword fighting, chocolate tempering, archery, deadlifting, knitting in the round, weaving, speaking several languages… there’s just not enough time in the day!
7. What is your dream vacation?
Somewhere warm and sunny with a pool and without any children, and with beautiful hikes to discover when I get bored of lying on my sun lounger.
8. If you could choose to have a super power, which one would you want?
Teleportation. I’d have so much more time for that list of skills!
9. What is your favourite movie?
There are a few that rotate: The Book of Life, Moulin Rouge, Mulan, Scott Pilgrim, Stardust.
10. What was your favourite toy as a child?
I had a huge, fluffy pink bunny called Sammy. She had her arms open wide like she was constantly asking for a hug.
11. What is your comfort food?
Okay 11 facts about me…lemme think
- Due to my colouring, people have assumed I’m from Spain, Italy, India, Greece, Pakistan, and Portugal
- But I’m actually as British as they come – my Nan did our family tree and for at least 5 generations back we’re only English, Scottish, or Welsh
- I’m currently learning to speak Welsh and Spanish, just for funsies
- Last September I sprained my knee at pole dance class, and it still hasn’t fully recovered
- I made it to 26 years old before breaking my first bone – my little finger
- I have modelled for a life drawing class, and it was really fun!
- When I was in New Zealand, which is utterly fabulous, I still missed Glasgow
- In year 11 I briefly considered becoming an Occupational Therapist
- Before moving to Scotland I had weekly flute lessons. I love the flute, but I didn’t like my teacher and spent the whole day dreading it
- I got 100% in my Grade 1 music theory test
- But just barely passed my driving theory test
So now you know.
I’m going to nominate 11 blogs, but none of you have to do this if you don’t want to.
Curly Girl Crochet
Crocheted By Tess
Kick Arse crochet
Snail of Happiness
Emma Crafts Design
And here are my questions if you feel like answering them
- What are your hobbies?
- What’s your favourite colour?
- When you were 10, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Lunch and dinner, or dinner and tea?
- Do you speak/sign any languages other than English?
- Do you have a favourite number?
- What’s your favourite smell, and why?
- Are you a book sniffer? (I know I’m not the only one!)
- Do you blog to a schedule or just whenever the muse takes you?
- Would you rather be rich or famous?
- What’s your favourite type of weather?
The end, well done if you’ve read this far!